Friday, October 9, 2009

Volume 11: The Light That Shined In The Darkness


Your light shined into the comfort of my darkness,
Blinding the bats that have protected my heart,
Each bat slowly unhinged their jaw,
As they were blinded by your light,
As they were being bothered by the light,
They started flying elsewhere,
Creating a painful relief,
Your bittersweet lies blinded them, scared them,
Confusing me with a warm tingly sensation,
Your light took my sight, my speech, my hearing and my soul,
It became the life that I must feel,
Deep down inside I felt a scream but, this terrible feeling stopped me,
As I woke up I couldn't see that there's not much left of me,
Nothing was real but you,
At that moment your light vanished,
The bats regained their conscience,
Then marched their way back to my heart,
This time biting me harder, promising to never let another light shine into my heart,
With each bite I was brought back to the comfort of my darkness...

Thank you for making me darker.

2 comments: